Skip to content
All Resources

Ontario Government: Getting an assessment and diagnosis

You can get a diagnosis of autism for your child or youth from qualified professionals who have undergone specific training. These include, but are not limited to:

  • doctors, such as family physicians, paediatricians, developmental paediatricians and psychiatrists
  • psychologists and psychological associates
  • nurse practitioners

You can also receive a diagnosis of autism from one of the five diagnostic hubs funded by the Ministry.

Join our mailing list